Google Search

Google
 

9/16/2007

Be all that you can be!

Crazy Rulers of the World (1/3) - The Men Who Stare at Goats
Jon Ronson's documentary Channel 4 documentary on high weirdness in the U.S. military.




How does this blow my mind? Let me count the ways...
1, 3, 4??
Let's say at least 7. Nice round number.

While I've read and heard about the government's dabbling in the paranormal, this weird little "what if" branch of history is completely new to me.
I'm still trying to wrap my grey matter around this.

I haven't done any more research beyond stumbling upon this vid on a site devoted to collecting interesting videos and documentaries online (Good call T!), so the jury is still out in my mind.

I'll probably do a number of posts on this theme, but here are just a few points that I'd like to explore:

-Given how much of world politics is tied with religous belief, is it that unbelievable that some leaders would carry their own wacked out ideas about the nature of reality into their day jobs?
-How common is this in other parts of the world? It seems Russia dabbled in similar operations during the cold war. Who else had their own Miss Cleo on the payroll?
-Probably the most sobering intellectual snack that I'm still chewing on is how much Vietnam really screwed us up. I don't mean just the physical number of dead, but the loss of that war is like this super sharp splinter that has been driven into the American psyche. 30 years later, and we're still digging at that sucker. What will my kids think of this new improved "war on some terror" 30 years from now?

Where did I put those tweezers?

No comments: